[Haskell-cafe] Type checking with Haskell

Joel Reymont joelr1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 10:19:39 EDT 2007

Thanks Stefan!

On Apr 12, 2007, at 3:00 PM, Stefan O'Rear wrote:

> Your problem, as I understand it, is even simpler than most since
> there are no higher order functions and no arguments.

I do have functions and arguments but I don't have HOF.

> (That said, it would probably be better to fuse parsing and type
> checking in this case so that you do not need to track source
> positions.)

I'm not sure how to do this, quite honestly. The language is
dynamically typed so I have to infer variable types from their usage,
function return types from what is assigned to the function name
(last assignment in program, Fun = xxx). I also have to infer if
variables are of a series type by checking if any references are made
to the previous values of those variables.

I don't think it's possible to fuse type checking with parsing here.

--
http://wagerlabs.com/