[Haskell-cafe] Tutorial on Haskell

Mark T.B. Carroll mark at ixod.org
Mon Apr 16 10:42:07 EDT 2007

"Neil Mitchell" <ndmitchell at gmail.com> writes:
(snip)
> I think its important to cover whats different about Haskell. Things
> like laziness are cool, but are harder to convince a strict programmer
> that they are useful.
(snip)

Mmmm, it took me a while to really find laziness useful, and that was
normally to let me create complex things that were mutually dependent on
each other, releasing me from some housekeeping - some calculation in
one would help the other creep along, and vice versa. I'm afraid no
examples come easily to mind, though.

BTW, I wonder if it's too much difficulty to show off STM.

-- Mark