[Haskell-cafe] Re: Tutorial on Haskell

ajb at spamcop.net ajb at spamcop.net
Tue Apr 17 19:36:51 EDT 2007

G'day all.

Quoting apfelmus <apfelmus at quantentunnel.de>:

> (Btw, pairs (Int,Int) are members of the Ix class as well, so there is
> no need to generate an array of arrays.

I know.  It originally used lists, which is why it looks like that.  I
only allowed myself half an hour to write & debug this, so what you see
is what you get.

BTW, the fact that it's possible to write a working diff from scratch
in half an hour and in only 100 or so lines is remarkable, I think.
And it's the combination of all of those Haskell features that I
mentioned which makes it possible.

Cheers,
Andrew Bromage