[Haskell-cafe] Tutorial on Haskell

R Hayes rfhayes at reillyhayes.com
Tue Apr 17 20:46:14 EDT 2007

On Apr 17, 2007, at 4:46 PM, David Brown wrote:

> R Hayes wrote:
>
>> They *enjoy* debugging ...
>
> I have to say this is one of the best things I've found for catching
> bad programmers during interviews, no matter what kind of system it is
> for.  I learned this the hard way after watching someone who never
> really understood her program, but just kept thwacking at it with a
> debugger until it at least partially worked.

I've seen this too, but I would not use the word debugging to
describe it.  I don't think I agree that enjoying debugging is a
sufficient symptom for diagnosing this condition.  There are many
people that love the puzzle-box aspect of debugging.  Some of them
are very talented developers.

R Hayes
rfhayes<>@</>reillyhayes.com