[Haskell-cafe] Installation of hs-plugins

Bayley, Alistair Alistair_Bayley at invescoperpetual.co.uk
Fri Apr 20 06:32:20 EDT 2007

> From: haskell-cafe-bounces at haskell.org
> [mailto:haskell-cafe-bounces at haskell.org] On Behalf Of Philipp Volgger
>
> could somebody please tell me how hs-plugins has to be installed. I
> tried it with hs-plguin 1.0rc1 and I was unable to build it. I did
>     runhaskell Setup.lhs configure
>     runhaskell Setup.lhs build   (Crash without any information)
> I tried it wiht GHC 6.4, 6.4.1 and 6.6.
>
> I am using Windows XP with SP2.

I'm pretty sure you need to install under some kind of bash shell. I
used mingw on WinXP, but I think it can be done with cygwin. I'd
recommend mingw if you don't have either installed.

Note that hs-plugins doesn't work with ghc-6.6 yet on Windows, so stick
with 6.4.1 if you can.

Alistair
Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this message,
and any attachments, may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. It is intended solely for the person(s) or entity to
which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination,
or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is