[Haskell-cafe] Re: Compilling GHC on Vista

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 04:53:30 EDT 2007

Claus Reinke wrote:
>> and even the mingw ld apparently sets its search_dirs without drive
>> letters:
>
> that shouldn't be the problem, though, as the failing part of
> ./configure was
> an indirect call via gcc, which seems to set the library prefixes
> correctly,

On Vista gcc doesn't set the library prefixes correctly, which is why we've had
to add the workaround to GHC to modify PATH before invoking gcc, and why you
have to modify PATH by hand when building GHC on Vista.  See:
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/1110.

So perhaps the problem is as in your previous message, that gcc is being invoked
from a different drive?  Monique?

Cheers,
	Simon