[Haskell-cafe] Parsec beginners problem

Jim Burton jim at sdf-eu.org
Fri Apr 27 10:28:06 EDT 2007

Dougal Stanton wrote:

> This may be relevant or not, but I thought morse required a delimiting
> character between letters, because otherwise the message was
> ambiguous? I seem to recall somewhere that Parsec didn't handle
> non-deterministic parsings very well (or at all).
>
> D.

You could be right about delimiters, but handling the ambiguous instances is
the challenge in this case, which is a Ruby Quiz
[http://www.rubyquiz.com/quiz121.html] - I thought it would be a good use
for Parsec, and the user guide talks about try..<|> as the tool for it, as
in

testOr2 =   try (string "(a)")
        <|> string "(b)"