[Haskell-cafe] Dynamic thread management?

Hugh Perkins hughperkins at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 09:31:13 EDT 2007

Not many replies on this thread?  Am I so wrong that no-one's even telling
me?  I find it hard to believe that if there were obvious errors in the
proposition that anyone would resist pointing them out to me ;-)

So, that leaves a couple of possibilites: some people are agreeing, but see
no point in saying; or noone cares, because we all only have 1 or 2 core
machines.

I'm going to kindof run with the second possibility for now.  However, I do
believe it's the right time to solve this, what with 64-core Niagara's
around the corner and so on.

What would be neat would be a way to test solutions on simulated 1024-core
machines, using a single-core machine.  Are there any utilities or virtual
environments around that might make this kind of testing feasible?