[Haskell-cafe] Why monad tutorials don't work

Dougal Stanton ithika at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 18:27:25 EDT 2007

On 14/08/07, Dan Weston <westondan at imageworks.com> wrote:

[snips another metaphor for monadic programming]

No offence to Dan, whose post I enjoyed. The concept of wrapping is as
close a metaphor as we seem to get without disagreements. But this has
brought me to a realisation, after Paul Erdos:

The Haskell community is a machine for converting coffee to monad tutorials.

In the spirit of the venture, I will now suggest that someone points
out that they don't like coffee, and that I haven't allowed for arrow
tutorials ;-)

Cheers,

D.