[Haskell-cafe] Erlang VM in Haskell

Joel Reymont joelr1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 08:41:59 EDT 2007

On Aug 16, 2007, at 1:36 PM, Neil Bartlett wrote:

> However, wouldn't it be rather difficult, given that there doesn't
> seem to be a publicly available specification for the Erlang VM or the
> BEAM file format

Very difficult, correct. I use Erlang daily, in fact Erlang is what
brings bread to my table. I want to learn more about the Erlang
insides so I'll simply dig in.

> Perhaps it would be interesting to look at a slightly more constrained
> problem: can Erlang's message passing model (including distributed
> messaging across a network) and process monitoring facilities be
> replicated in Haskell?

My ultimate goal is to have a version of the Erlang VM that's
suitable for running trading systems, i.e. one that allows high-speed
numerics. I don't have much interest in replicating OTP in Haskell
and Haskell may ultimately not be the right choice for what I envision.

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com