[Haskell-cafe] Ideas

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 08:38:58 EDT 2007

Hi

> > Flippi (google: Haskell Flippi)
>
> ...and yet haskell.org uses WikiMedia? (Which is written in something
> bizzare like Perl...)

Yes, but WikiMedia is a result of years of work, Flippi is a lot less.
Wikipedia uses WikiMedia - its a tried and proven solution.

> >> - A "graphical programming tool". (You add boxes and put in lines, it
> >> constructs a "program" that you can run.)
>
> Have you ever played with KLogic? You draw boxes and lines, and it makes
> some logic. (As in the digital electronics sense of "logic".)
>
> I have some (very expensive) software called Reaktor. You draw boxes and
> lines, it does DSP algorithms. You build synthesizers and effects boxes
> with it.

That sounds exactly like PureData - you can also do graphics as well
with PureData, the demo I saw was very cool. Of course, PureData is
written in C with Haskell as an extension language.

The last two ideas you mentioned require a graphical user interface,
which is an area of Haskell which is comparatively weak, compared to
the rest of Haskell.

Thanks

Neil

PS: Apologies to Andrew for 2 copies of this message.