[Haskell-cafe] Ideas

Peter Verswyvelen bf3 at telenet.be
Sun Aug 26 04:38:48 EDT 2007

Chris wrote:
> I would personally say Haskell 98 is "real" Haskell (well, until
Haskell...
> I believe it does work as an offline downloadable tool...
> http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/vital/install/index.html

With "real Haskell" I ment strong type checking and indentation for
determining scope; without the former, it becomes a different experience
IMO. Avoiding runtime errors because types don't match is one the main
advantages of Haskell; without this, I'm afraid it is difficult to get a
good feeling of the Haskell programming language, be it Haskell98

Peter