[Haskell-cafe] GHC 6.6.1 and SELinux issues

Alexander Vodomerov alexander.vodomerov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 05:14:43 EDT 2007

  Hello!

Does anybody here uses GHC on Linux with SELinux turned on?

I've just installed SELinux and run into GHC/SELinux incompatibility.
It seems that the similar problem was reported some time ago and was fixed in
6.4.3. However, I use 6.6.1 and the problem is still here.

$ ghc
ghc-6.6.1: internal error: getMBlock: mmap: Permission denied
    (GHC version 6.6.1 for i386_unknown_linux)
    Please report this as a GHC bug:  http://www.haskell.org/ghc/reportabug

Exactly the same bug is appearing on x86_64 architecture.

Much more details is available at http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/738

Any ideas?

With best regards,
   Alexander.

PS. Is it possible to turn on global allow_execmem boolean in SELinux policy,
thus enabling executable memory mapping. This solves the problem. However, this
is major drawback for system security and should be avoided at any cost.