[Haskell-cafe] Haskell on the Playstation 3? :-)

Hugh Perkins hughperkins at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 23:53:24 EDT 2007

On 8/30/07, Derek Elkins <derek.a.elkins at gmail.com> wrote:
> Either the language of the graphics card is Turing complete and the
> answer is yes or the language isn't and the answer is no.

Well, a quick google for "are graphics cards turing complete?"
suggests that some nVidia cards are Turing complete, but I couldnt
find any reliable source (eg nvidia.com) to confirm this, and I dont
know enough either to figure it out for myself, or even to confirm
that this is both a necessary and sufficient condition for running
Haskell.

Related question: assuming temporarily that it is possible
theoretically to get Haskell to run on a graphics card, to what extent
would this actually be useful?