[Haskell-cafe] Haskell on the Playstation 3? :-)

David Roundy daveroundy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 09:00:46 EDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 11:03:35AM +0400, Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
> Hello Miguel,
>
> Thursday, August 30, 2007, 9:40:08 AM, you wrote:
>
> > What about running Haskell on a PostScript printer? PostScript IS Turing-complete.
>
> it would be cool to port SOE graphics to PostScript engine :)

I spent some time a few years back figuring out how to use TH to "compile"
haskell to postscript, but I didn't really know what I was doing and did a
pretty poor job.  But I'd love to have a postscript compiler.  It's *so*
nice to be able to produce compact and readable postscript files (which you
could with compiled code, in the sense that the data portion of the
file--which is what you want to read anyhow--would be readable).  I've
often wrote C code to write postscript code, which has the advantage of
giving viewable output that also has the raw data in a format that is both
computer-readable and human-readable.  It'd be much nicer to do this in
Haskell.
--
David Roundy
http://www.darcs.net