[Haskell-cafe] who develops and maintains the Unix package?

Tim Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 23:53:14 EST 2007

On 12/2/07, Galchin Vasili <vigalchin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>          I am starting to get in the groove related to runhaskell  --
> config/builds on top of cygwin (I haven't had time to carve up hard drive
> and install Linux).
>
>          In any case, I really want to get the Unix package to build on
> cgywin (as advertised at
> http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/unix-2.2.0.0).
>  When i do "runhaskell Setup.lhs configure"
>  things seem to go fine, .log fine is clean, and pertinent cygwin include
> files like times.h are found, but when i do a "runhaskell Setup.lhs build"
> then the include files that are allegedly found during the configure
> "probe" cannot be found. ????
>

>      1) During the "runhaskell Setup.lhs build" step, what human readable
> file
>             is used and contains paths to the cygwin Posix include file
> directories?   2) thatis foloowing is a better approach for me .. =>
>
>      2) Somebody obviously put " (except under Cygwin)". Can you point at
> who made this claim and why?

When in doubt, email libraries at haskell.org with library questions
(indeed, the Hackage page for the unix package lists libraries@ as the
maintainer.)

It doesn't surprise me that the unix package wouldn't work on Cygwin.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Chevalier * catamorphism.org * Often in error, never in doubt
"Are you aware that rushing toward a goal is a sublimated death wish?