[Haskell-cafe] Point and link

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Sat Dec 8 13:15:22 EST 2007

Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:
> A bit off-topic for this list, but seeing as I'm replying anyway, I've
> done something like that with SVG and Javascript:
>
> http://www.blurty.com/users/claudiusmaximus/day/2007/10/03#419

Woah! Damn, that must have taken quite a while...

> I imagine (having never used it) Gtk has similar ways to bind "event
> listeners" to "graphical elements" to implement drag and drop type
> stuff, and it will most likely be much less error-prone than
> Javascript (I still haven't got the drag and drop right in Graphgrow...).

I imagine it would be possible to do this with Gtk2hs - in the same way
that it's "possible" to evaluate any computable function in any
Turing-complete programming language. It doesn't look especially
"simple" or "easy" though. Does anybody know of a better way?