[Haskell-cafe] Execution of external command

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 08:27:11 EST 2007

Hello Duncan,

>> i need to run external command with parameter and get its stdout, smth

> temporary file. It seems it is not possible to use pipes to get the
> stdout and have the resulting code be portable between Haskell
> implementations (it's a favourite peeve of mine).

i don't need to interact with program, just get its whole output (one
line) after it was finished. btw, afair, there was problems in windows
with redirection of cmd.exe output (in particular when running
executables from command files)

separate windows and unix versions are ok for me, i just need them
both. and i need only ghc support

taking this all into account, where i should look?

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com