[Haskell-cafe] Strict String IO now packaged

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Fri Dec 14 13:23:59 EST 2007

Here at Haskell.org we know you have a choice in programming languages,
and a choice in evaluation strategies.

To help make your decision easier, I'm pleased to announce an update to
the 'strict' package providing strict file IO for Strings.

You can now choose when and where to evaluate your Strings,
meaning more predictable resource usage for readFile-like
Strict IO.

And of course you can still use lazy IO when appropriate.

Find the strict IO package in System.IO.Strict, on hackage:

    http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/strict

Cheers,
   Don