[Haskell-cafe] Problem with a Win32 API

Eric eeoam at ukfsn.org
Mon Dec 17 10:34:42 EST 2007

Dear all,

When I run the program below a window appears for a split second, then
disappears and the program exits. Can you help me figure out what's
going wrong?

***

import Graphics.Win32.Misc
import Graphics.Win32.GDI.Types
import Graphics.Win32.Window
import System.Win32.DLL
import Foreign.Marshal.Alloc

main = do hInst <- loadLibrary "ole32.dll"
                res <- registerClass (style, hInst, Nothing, Nothing,
Nothing, Nothing, classname)
                if res == Nothing then do{putStrLn "Unable to register."
;return()}
                  else putStrLn "Registered."

                hwnd <- createWindow classname "Kleer 0" wS_VISIBLE
Nothing Nothing Nothing Nothing Nothing Nothing hInst handler
                b <- showWindow hwnd sW_SHOWNORMAL
                if b then putStrLn "Window showing" else do{putStrLn
"Unable to show window."; return()}
                updateWindow hwnd
                ptr <- mallocBytes 4
                getMessage ptr Nothing