[Haskell-cafe] Is StateT what I need?

Tommy McGuire mcguire at crsr.net
Wed Dec 19 18:54:25 EST 2007

Andre Nathan wrote:
> I think my code is a bit too long and that probably makes it hard for
> someone to help... Does anyone know of good example code using StateT
> for keeping a global state other than the one at the "Simple StateT use"
> page on the wiki?

The one I have used is All About Monads:
   http://www.haskell.org/all_about_monads/html/index.html

Then, there is sigfpe's (always excellent) short but sweet blog posting:
  http://sigfpe.blogspot.com/2006/05/grok-haskell-monad-transformers.html

And finally (although I hesitate to mention it), there is my nroff-alike
from Software Tools:
   http://www.crsr.net/Programming_Languages/SoftwareTools/ch7.html
(Note: I haven't gotten to it in the revisions following the comments I
received here and there are many things that need work.  The notes are
incoherent, it's more Pascallish than Haskell, and there are no
guarantees that it won't ruin you forever.)

--
Tommy M. McGuire
mcguire at crsr.net