[Haskell-cafe] Re: [xmonad] Re: XMonad.Layout.NoBorders

gwern0 at gmail.com gwern0 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 22:59:16 EST 2007

On 2007.12.19 10:57:33 -0500, David Roundy <daveroundy at gmail.com> scribbled 0.3K characters:
> No, I don't have time.  And I'm not sure why one would want no borders
> on floating windows...
>
> David

Perhaps I don't fully understand the issues, but wouldn't such a thing be nice for things like MPlayer?

The other day, I happened to play a video through MPlayer, and I noticed (using smartBorders/NoBorders)  that there was an ugly border on the left and upper edges, and that it detracted from the cinematic experience. It was otherwise fullscreen and nice, but not as good as it could've been.

--
gwern
picking FID DES Mole Cap-Stun timers Z7 NAAP 2.6.2. ARC