[Haskell-cafe] Hoogle search scope question -- was: [HXT] Simple question

Steve Lihn stevelihn at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 13:42:37 EST 2007

I have a hoogle question. While I was reading the HXT discussion
(below), I tried to search "runX" and "readString" in Hoogle (since I
am new to HXT and Arrows). But neither search yielded any result and I
had to use google to find the Haskell docs.

So I am wondering what is the scope of Hoogle that people can search?
Only things in the standard library? How much does it cover in the
Hackage? I tried to find the scope description in the Tutorial but in
vain. It is fair to say if someone needs to use Hoogle, he/she
probably has no idea what he is looking for, needless to say, what is
in scope of Hoogle or what is not.

Thanks,
Steve