[Haskell-cafe] Reducing the executable output filesize with GHC (on Windows)

Peter Verswyvelen bf3 at telenet.be
Sat Dec 22 17:12:05 EST 2007

I remember having read how to do this a while ago, but I can't google it
back.

How can I force the linker to exclude all the sections that are not
referenced? I thought it had to do something with -split-objs?

I've written a short consolemode program, but it compiles to 1.3MB. Since I
will be creating a lot of these small apps, surely this filesize can be
reduced?

Thanks,

Peter

PS: The program I wrote is 250 lines of code. It is a simple vectormath
exercise generator for my students which I wrote in 5 hours,  something I
would never been able to do in C++/C#, even though I have much more
experience in the latter languages.  Haskell's sooo nice, and I'm just
scratching the surface of it. Thank to all of you guys for the hard work J