[Haskell-cafe] Haskell-cafe reply-to etiquette

Justin Bailey jgbailey at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 18:36:56 EST 2007

When I joined the haskell-cafe mailing list, I was surprised to see
the "reply-to" header on each message was set to the sender of a given
message to the list, rather than the list itself. That seemed counter
to other mailing lists I had been subscribed to, but I didn't think
too much about it.

Well, the comment below prompted me to ask the question - do people
care? Personally, I like to respond to the "list", keeping discussions
open by default and reducing (potential) spam on someone's inbox. As
impersonal as email can be, it also seems a bit intrusive to write
someone directly who I don't have a prior relationship with except for
responding to some message they  happened to post.

Thoughts?