[Haskell-cafe] Wikipedia on first-class object

Cristian Baboi cristi at ot.onrc.ro
Fri Dec 28 02:12:12 EST 2007

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:35:54 +0200, Jonathan Cast
<jonathanccast at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Only on Von Neuman machines.  Haskell implementations are not required
> to run on Von Neuman machines.  That's why the language is called
> functional.  (Imperative languages, by contrast, are just abstractions
> of the underlying Von Neuman architecture, which is probably the source
> of your confusion).

Can you tell me what is it that make a language imperative ?

When I learned about formal grammars and languages, there was no
discussion about this.

________ Information from NOD32 ________
This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus System for Linux Mail Servers.
  part000.txt - is OK
http://www.eset.com