[Haskell-cafe] Re: Wikipedia on first-class object

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 16:47:43 EST 2007

Hello Wolfgang,

Sunday, December 30, 2007, 12:04:22 AM, you wrote:

> The advantages of computers over humans are quantitative.  For example, a
> computer can do calculations faster than a human.  But the “advantages” of
> humans over computers are qualitative.  For example, a computer cannot be
> creative.

> I love my children.  My laptop isn’t able to do that.

one more trick to convince yourself is to use words which doesn't have
exact meanings. are you have human-independent description of love?
creativity? when i run fractal-displaying program, it draws other
fractal each time. is it creative enough for you?

when i power on my computer, each time it connects to computer of ISP.
may be, it's not true love for you but at least they are more
permanent than most people :D

from my, scientist's POV, love is social need that made animal's
groups more survival-able. animals what loves each other has more
chances in Game of Live

survival was never goal for computers so they cannot love each other
like you can't fly and eat electricity power (or solar energy). are
these features also qualitative?

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com