[Haskell-cafe] Suggestions for a hReadUntilStr implementation

Matt Revelle mrevelle at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 21:24:27 EST 2007

Thanks for the responses.

Greg, your implementation looks useful but it's a little different
than what I was thinking (my apologies, I wasn't very clear).

In the implementation you posted, the timeout parameter is used to
limit the amount of time spent waiting to read an individual character
- I was hoping to use the timeout as an initial value for a timer that
should start running when hReadUntilStr is evaluated and the function
should finish evaluating when either the timer has run out or when the
string match has been found.

Martin, thanks for the link.

Cheers,
Matt