[Haskell-cafe] A "real" Haskell Cookbook

P. R. Stanley prstanley at ntlworld.com
Thu Feb 22 23:12:32 EST 2007

Andrew and co,
I have a big fat apology to make. It was actually the wikipedia page
on Lambda Calculus where there are many occurrences of special symbols.
The Wikibook, as far as I've explored, is fully accessible.
Nonetheless, I'd still be more than happy to make my contributions in
any way I can. I am a beginner to functional programming and so I
could play a useful role in ensuring the text takes nothing for
granted with regard to the fundamental principles and beyond.

As a tip for anyone involved in writing and publishing scientific
materials on the web, unless the maths is either written without any
funny symbols or, better still, typeset in latex, it is not
accessible to a screen-reader.

One small point about the Haskell source code is that the column
indentations do not always appear in the screen reader
browse  buffer. Of course, there are ways of getting around the issue
and if the author of the Wikibook is interested we could discuss the
details off list.

Cheers,
Paul