[Haskell-cafe] How to build a python module using Haskell?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sun Feb 25 12:08:38 EST 2007

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 11:33:15PM +0800, Albert Lee wrote:
>    I have found some docs about build Windows DLL using Haskell and  then
>    using ctypes from python.
>    But  how to do this on Linux/FreeBSD ?

There are no dlls on linux. They are windows only.
What you need on linux is either a static library (.a) or a shared
library (.so)
I haven't written dlls using haskell yet.
But all you need to know is:
How to export haskell functions using ffi. (-> C interface) ("how to
call haskell from C")
How to use C functions from python. I think you've already managed this
second step.
I would have to look up how to do it.

If you still get stuck somewhere post again.

HTH
Marc Weber