[Haskell-cafe] Generating Source Code with Haskell

Martin Huschenbett huschi at gmx.org
Mon Jan 1 18:08:11 EST 2007

Hi,

my aim is to transform an XML file into C++ source code with a Haskell
program. The part that parses the XML is already finished (using HaXML)
but the part that generates the C++ code is still remaining. Is there
already any work on this topic? Maybe even on generating Java or any
other object oriented or imperative language.

My first approach was to simply generate the C++ code as text using a
pretty printing library but this becomes ugly very fast. Next I thought
about generating and rendering the AST of the resulting C++ code. But I
don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Regards, Martin.