[Haskell-cafe] Glasgow Distributed Haskell

Paul Johnson paul at cogito.org.uk
Wed Jan 3 13:27:13 EST 2007

Joel Reymont <joelr1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm after Erlang in Haskell, if you will, for fault-tolerance and
> scalability.

I think the way to do Erlang in Haskell is to build a middleware layer
on top of the language, not try to make the language into something it
is not.  In this kind of environment you need to be able to upgrade
components while the system is running.  The careful Haskell habit of
separating stateful operations from pure functions is useful here.  I
gather that the HAppS project is working along similar lines, and for
similar reasons.  Take a look at it.

http://happs.org/HAppS/README.html

Paul.