[Haskell-cafe] Beta Gtk2Hs Getting Started

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 8 18:16:20 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 16:11 -0200, Alex Queiroz wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> On 1/8/07, Hans van Thiel <hthiel.char at zonnet.nl> wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > The beta of the 'Gtk2Hs:Getting Started' short tutorial for beginners,
> > Haskell GUI for Dummies, if you like :-) can be viewed at
> > http://j-van-thiel.speedlinq.nl/gtk2hs/gtk2hsGetStart.html
> >

>      Nitpicking: Glade does not belong to GTK+, neither does libglade,
> which are independent projects.

Though they're pretty tightly integrated. Glade is the recommended way
to build Gtk+ UIs. Indeed the libglade functionality is going to be
included in Gtk+ itself in the next major release.

So yes, technically they're currently independent components but for the
purposes of an intro tutorial I think it's fine to introduce them all as
one programmer's toolkit.

Duncan