[Haskell-cafe] Redefining superclass default methods in a subclass

Brian Hulley brianh at metamilk.com
Tue Jan 9 13:51:25 EST 2007

Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> One of the great things about John's class-alias proposal is that
> John worked out a lot of details and captured them in a web page,
> rather than it getting buried in an email thread.
>
> If you have ideas to refine his proposal, it'd be good to see if,
> with him, you can come up with a unified design, and again capture it
> in a Wiki page or something.

I've started a page at
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Class_system_extension_proposal
John - I haven't added anything about your class alias proposal because
you've copyrighted your proposal and I don't want to do the wrong thing ;-)
Can you add a section for your proposal (or containing a link to your
proposal) on his page?

Please could everyone who has any other ideas about class system extensions
add them to the page above so that we have a central location. Hopefully it
will gradually become clear what all the issues are and perhaps a path for
trying to implement some extensions in order of difficulty.

Thanks, Brian.
--
http://www.metamilk.com