[Haskell-cafe] Fractional sqrt

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Fri Jan 19 08:15:19 EST 2007

If it's arbitrary precision floating point that you want then sqrt
should where it already is, as a member of Floating.  (I find
"arbitrary precision real" to be an oxymoron, the real numbers are
the real numbers, they already have arbitrary precision.)
For a real number module, you can use, e.g., David Lester's
implementation, http://www.augustsson.net/Darcs/CReal/

	-- Lennart