[Haskell-cafe] Article review: Category Theory

Steve Downey sdowney at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 23:58:21 EST 2007

One nit and one massive praise.

nit first. in 'the monad laws and their importance' you say "given a
monad M" and then outline the laws a functor must satisfy to be a
monad. I would find it clearer to say 'a functor M', and then
emphasise the iff relationship between the laws and the functor M.

the praise: footnote 3. the relationship between join and bind is why
monads are useful and interesting for programmers. i haven't seen it
stated more clearly before. i supose because people who know it assume
it. suggestion: don't bury this in a footnote.