[Haskell-cafe] Strings in Haskell

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Tue Jan 23 17:59:27 EST 2007

Tim Docker wrote:

> I'm not aware of any ongoing haskell work in finance, other that
> some private work being done by Alain Cremieux, reported in the HCAR.

Lennart Augustsson works for Credit Suisse, using a Haskell DSEL to
generate financial models for execution by clusters running Excel.
(This I gleaned from him in IRC the other day; apologies to Lennart if I
misremember the specifics.)

I believe that Goldman Sachs might be using Haskell, too, but I don't
know for sure (they have at least one ex-Yale FRP person, at any rate).

Wall Street has long had a fondness for esoteric technologies (APL,
Linda, you name it).  I'm sure there are more Haskell users lurking
there somewhere.

	<b