[Haskell-cafe] Re: proposal: HaBench, a Haskell Benchmark Suite

Jeremy Shaw jeremy.shaw at linspireinc.com
Fri Jan 26 16:42:46 EST 2007

At Fri, 26 Jan 2007 07:23:26 -0800,
David Roundy wrote:

> I would think that what we'd want to benchmark would be clean, optimized
> actually-used code.

Maybe there should be two versions of each benchmark:

 1) an clean, simple, idiomatic version, aka the code we would like to
    write if performance was not an issue.

 2) a super-hand optimized version

This would hopefully show, which benchmarks have the biggest room for
improvement. And, it would provide information to the people working
on the compilers as to what optimizations are actually needed for that
test case.

j.