[Haskell-cafe] proposal: HaBench, a Haskell Benchmark Suite

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 08:21:22 EST 2007

Hi

> What about using darcs as a benchmark? I heard people say it's slow.
> The undercurrent is that it's slow because it's written in Haskell.

Its slow because some algorithms are O(stupid value). Some operations
(I've been told) would take 100's of years to terminate. That has
nothing to do with Haskell.

Also its not written in Haskell, its written in GHC-Haskell. This
benchmark suite should try where possible to be a Haskell benchmark.

Thanks

Neil