[Haskell-cafe] How did you stumble on Haskell?

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Mon Jan 29 05:32:25 EST 2007

Doaitse Swierstra wrote:
> I do not think you are entirely right here; a lot of things were
> borrowed from a language called ABC,
> See: http://homepages.cwi.nl/~steven/abc/

True. I wasn't claiming that most of Python itself
came from Haskell; just the things I liked most
about it. But you're still right - there are probably
things that I liked about Python that didn't
really come from Haskell - but Haskell has them,
nonetheless.

I wonder if ABC's layout rules were inspired by
ML and/or Landin's off-side rule, or were developed
independently.

Regards,
Yitz