[Haskell-cafe] A very edgy language

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Sat Jul 7 04:27:26 EDT 2007

andrewcoppin:
> Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> >Give #haskell is a far larger community than:
> >
> >    #lisp
> >    #erlang
> >    #scheme
> >    #ocaml
> >
> >As well as
> >
> >    #java
> >    #javascript
> >    #ruby
> >    #lua
> >    #d
> >    #perl6
> >
> >Maybe we need to reconsider where the (FP) mainstream is now? :-)
> >

> Yeah, #haskell is pretty big - 300 people idling and 1-3 people actually
> talking. :-P

Hey! We answer questions and write code for free, and you misrepresent
the population anyway:

    Maximum users seen in #haskell: 354, currently: 318 (97.8%), active: 53 (16.7%)

In fact, a lot of your exploratory/introductory questions would be most
efficiently answered on irc. Do drop by!

    http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/IRC_channel

Cheers,
   Don