[Haskell-cafe] Looking for final year project - using Haskell, or another functional language

peterv bf3 at telenet.be
Fri Jul 13 14:12:49 EDT 2007

Yes, for a newbie like me it was actually the reason to abandon Haskell
initially; none of the examples at http://www.haskell.org/HOpenGL compiled!

Another very cool albeit difficult project would be automatic retargeting of
Haskell code to the graphics processor unit (GPU), or IBM Synergistic
Processor Unit  (SPU aka Cell processor, if you can get your hands on such a
board...). I think IBM has been working on something like that for
imperative languages, but it would be interesting to see how far you one can
go with Haskell. If this is not yet done of course...