[Haskell-cafe] Re: Maintaining the community

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 13 15:23:41 EDT 2007

Dave Bayer wrote:
> Claus Reinke <claus.reinke <at> talk21.com> writes:
>

>> will ultimately make its contents easier to find. but if you
>> want to avoid answering questions again and again on the
>> list, you need to improve the cache of answers.
>>

> Bingo.
>

> Here, the Wiki is fantastic but extraordinarily spotty (any healthy wiki will
> always have much new growth, but the current gaps are surprising), and newcomers
> like myself can and have been contributing to it.

Whenever I find that something isn't on the Wiki, I try to add it.
(E.g., the articles on alpha/beta/eta reduction.)

On the other hand, when I find something isn't there, it's usually
because I'm trying to look it up because I don't understand it. ;-) To
some extend, incorrect information can be worse than no information... :-(