[Haskell-cafe] Sets and Universe. Was : "Very freaky"

Albert Y. C. Lai trebla at vex.net
Fri Jul 13 16:53:09 EDT 2007

jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr wrote:
> Can we ask where there are two identical apples?

Hey, I thought about that when I was a kid! I looked at pencils and
thought "can two pencils be the same?" I concluded that they could not
occupy the same location at the same time, so there is always some small
difference.

> A young apprentice thinks that an apple is just an apple.
[...]
> Finally, our hero becomes a Great Master, a true one.
> He looks at the universe below him, and he sees, as clearly as never
> before, that an apple is just an apple...

Is the latter "an apple is just an apple" identical to the former "an
apple is just an apple"? XD