[Haskell-cafe] List of authors happy to have work moved to the Haskell wiki

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Fri Jul 13 22:46:51 EDT 2007

dons:
> ctm:
> > On 13 Jul 2007, at 14:47, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> >
> > >I tried an experiment this week of just taking someone's post
> > >(Conor's idiom
> > >brackets), and putting directly on the wiki first, then letting the
> > >author know that's happened.
> >
> > Seemed entirely reasonable to me. If I have a spare moment, I might
> > even finally get around to registering so I can add the other thing I
> > usually bundle (for inserting effectful computations which don't
> > contribute an argument to the main function).
> >
> > If I'm writing for a mailing list, I'm certainly willing (if
> > surprised) to be exploited in this way.
> >
> > If there is any legalistic need for explicit permission, then we
> > should have a permanent permission system on an opt-in basis, perhaps
> > recorded in some suitable central and accessible place (like,
> > erm, ...). I'm in.
>

> I've created a page to track contributors who are happy to have
> their work moved to the Haskell wiki, and thus explicitly licensed under
> the `simple permissive license'.
>
>     http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell_Cafe_migration
>
> Just add your names, so your code and text can escape the haskell-cafe
> copyright monad :)

After some discussion, it was decided to expand the scope of the
permission slightly while we're here, to include any media covered by
haskell.org:

    * mailing lists
    * old wiki
    * hpaste.org
    * irc channel

Since specifically on hpaste.org there's often good solutions that don't
appear elsewhere.

If you've already added your name, perhaps check that you agree to your
original contributions to any haskell.org media being treated under the
`simple permissive license'.

-- Don