[Haskell-cafe] HDBC-ODBC build/install problem.

Bjorn Bringert bringert at cs.chalmers.se
Sat Jul 14 03:59:54 EDT 2007

This is probably a HaskellDB or hs-plugins problem. DBDirect uses hs-
plugins to load driver modules, and I believe hs-plugins has
undergone some changes to work with GHC 6.6.1, which DBDirect might
not take into account. I don't use the DBDirect executable myself,
since it tends to run into this sort of problems. Instead I write a
small wrapper program around the DBDirect API that uses the driver
I'm interested in at the moment.

If you want to try to fix it, see driver-dynamic/Database/HaskellDB/
DynConnect.hs. My guess is that the loadPackageFunction function
there doesn't work with the current hs-plugins.

/Björn