[Haskell-cafe] In-place modification

Hugh Perkins hughperkins at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 12:42:34 EDT 2007

On 7/15/07, Donald Bruce Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote:

> However, if you're keen, and agreeing to implement the same algorithm on
> both systems,

Sorry, the rule is you use what's available in your chosen language,
otherwise I have to restrict myself only to use things available in Haskell,
which is kindof silly dont you think?

The issue with the shootout is there's no room for creativity, it's like
working for a manager who micro-manages.

My ideal testing environment is something like http://topcoder.com , but
topcoder doesnt support Haskell at this time (probably because it would lose
all the time, so noone would use it)

I'd quite like to see a version of topcoder for Haskell, but shootout is not
it.

I'd have a go in C# at 'chameneos', a concurrency
> benchmark,
>

> http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/gp4/benchmark.php?test=chameneos&lang=all

I'll have a look.  The GHC solution seems to be safe I think?  so it seems
fair.