[Haskell-cafe] Maintaining the community

Derek Elkins derek.a.elkins at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 13:59:35 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-15 at 18:47 +0100, Andrew Coppin wrote:
> Derek Elkins wrote:
> > On Sun, 2007-07-15 at 17:49 +0100, Andrew Coppin wrote:
> >
> >> This is a bit tangental, but... One problem I sometimes have is not
> >> knowing the status of things. E.g., you read about Associated Types, and
> >> then you go "hey, is this implemented now? is it being implemented soon?
> >> etc."
> >>
> >> (Don't all rush in and tell me about ATs - I'm only picking it as an
> >> example. Others include, say, the GHC debugger, stream fusion, parallel
> >> arrays, etc etc etc.)
> >>
> >> Maybe I'm looking wrong, but it often isn't obvious to me how to figure
> >> out the answer to the question "does all this cool stuff work yet?" I'm
> >> not really sure what we could change to fix that though...
> >>

> > Ah, a question that can be answered with RTFM
> > (http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/GHC)
> >

> I could have sworn I heard somewhere that the debugger would be in GHC
> 6.6.1... but, apparently, I am mistaken. I have no idea which version it
> *is* going to be in... (Presumably the next one.)

On the very page I linked is a link labelled "The GHCi Debugger".
Clicking on it you get "The debugger is currently available in GHC 6.7"

Similarly for parallel arrays

There is no version of bytestrings without stream fusion and there never
was.  Bytestrings have no compiler support, it is just a library.