[Haskell-cafe] Newbie question about tuples

Peter Verswyvelen bf3 at telenet.be
Sun Jul 15 14:10:54 EDT 2007

>>>Add another core to your machine and it is no longer 4x slower :)
>>>Add 15 more cores and its really no longer 4x slower :

>> Maybe this is yet another newbie stupid question, but do you mean that
>> GHC does automatic multi-threading?  (Haskell seems very suitable for

> No, though that would be nice! You do have to program in a parallel

Yes, of course, I've been writing multi-threaded and SMP programs all the
time using C++ but then a C/C++ implementation would still beat the Haskell
one regarding raw performance :) I might be easier to do in Haskell though,
although I guess the "easier" (like software transactional memory) also
comes with a price.

Peter