[Haskell-cafe] In-place modification

Jon Harrop jon at ffconsultancy.com
Sun Jul 15 18:05:41 EDT 2007

On Sunday 15 July 2007 21:57:40 Sebastian Sylvan wrote:
> OpenGL is mostly written in C, so most of the code will likely run the
> exact same bits. It's just an interface to a C library.

Benchmarking OpenGL is certainly of little to no interest. However, showing
how easily OpenGL can be interfaced to is of huge interest to me. Functional
languages tend to have very poor FFIs, so I for one would like to see whether
or not non-trivial graphical programs can be written in Haskell.

I was amazed to find that Frag corrupts memory in 64-bit, for example. Why are
there malloc calls in a Haskell program?!

The OCaml Journal
http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/ocaml_journal/?e